The DMG developed several procedures for managing the OPMET-data exchange within the ICAO-EUR region. In 2004 the group started to compile all the experience and knowledge within one document.
The work was finalised in 2008 and the first version of EUR ICAO Doc 018 "EUR OPMET Data Management Handbook" released. The latest version of that document can be found and downloaded from the ICAO-Paris Homepage.
The following list gives a quick overview on the topics to expect within EUR ICAO DOC 018.
- General Overview about the OPMET-Data Exchange Scheme in the ICAO/Europe region
- Composition of the RODEX-system (Regional OPMET Data Exchange) describing the different functions
- Description of the different OPMET-data types and bulletins as well as the exchange types
- Information about the necessary validation of OPMET-data done by ROC (Regional OPMET Centres)
- Description of the Problem Handling Procedure
- As appendices to the main document the following procedures can be found:
- Interface Control Document for the EUR OPMET databases
- EUR OPMET Update Procedure
- EUR OPMET Data Monitoring Procedure
- EUR OPMET Data Monitoring Tool Specification
- Distribution Determination for OPMET Data
- Calculation of Performance Indices
- RODEX Backup Procedure
If you find any unclarity in the document or if you need some additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For some procedures the DMG-Homepage provides interactive tools as you can see in the dropdown-menu and the list below.
- Data Update Procedure (also known as METNO-Procedure)
- Search OPMET Catalogue (search for specific location indicators, bulletins,...)
- Warning Monitoring (check the results of the UA/WS- & UA/WV-monitoring exercises)
- Distribution Determination (information about where to rout data)
- Problem Handling (how to report OPMET-data exchange problems to DMG)
- RODC (defining OPMET data needed to be received by each NOC